Sunday, August 30, 2020

Let's Look At: SH MONSTERARTS BURNING GODZILLA (2019)


This was a surprise, I thought for sure that this figure would be the one that ended up being the exclusive figure you could only get by pre-ordering the special Japanese Blu-ray set for Godzilla: King of the Monsters. But it does make sense that like with Godzilla (2014), they ended up going with a poster version figure. 

All the better for me, because I really wanted an SHMA Burning Godzilla figure. 

The sculpt and articulation is the exact same as any SHMA Godzilla 2019, the main draw here is the paint.


I wouldn't say this figure is 100% screen accurate, but given how much the lighting on Burning Godzilla fluctuates, is that even possible? For what we get, the fiery paint on this figure is pretty great. I especially love how the back of the figure is brighter than the front and bottom of the figure. I also like the mix of yellow and orange on the Dorsal Fins.


Honestly, I'm not sure weather I prefer the paint on the NECA figure or the SHMA figure. Both look great. But I will say I prefer the paint on the Dorsal Fins of the SHMA figure much more than the NECA fins.
The only place I feel the paint may be distractedly uneven are the arms.

This figure has been made entirely of translucent plastic. With the right amount of lighting, this figure can look amazing!




Please excuse the pun, but this figure is fire! I can't really find any faults with this figure other than some issues with the joints on mine. Parts of the tail like to pop off and the mouth wont really close all the way.
Nevertheless, I'm glad to own this figure as a companion piece to my other King of the Monsters figures and even happier that it's widely available. Definitely pick it up if you can. 


Till next time, I have been your host Gryphon
and thank you for joining me here in my lair.
So long...


I hope you have enjoyed reading this and if you would like to see more from The Gryphon's Lair, be sure to give my Facebook page a 'LIKE' to see updates and other related stuff. 
Thanks for reading!

https://www.facebook.com/TheGryphonsLair/

No comments:

Post a Comment

SH MONSTERARTS GODZILLA (1972) | Figure Review

With so many anniversaries of the Showa Era films coming up in recent years, it makes me giddy seeing Tamashii Nations putting effort into m...