Thursday, September 19, 2019

Let's Look At: NECA GODZILLA V2 (2019)

As the days have gone on, I’ve grown to dislike the paint on NECA's 2019 Godzilla figure more and more. I didn’t mention this in my review, but I wanted to say that if they took the paint job from the NECA 2014 figure (including the EYES!) and applied it to the 2019 figure, it would be almost perfect.



This Version 2 figure sort of fixes those issues while adding a bit of flair to it.


Godzilla's base paint color is a more traditional charcoal black and the nails are a solid black color, I like that very much. But the majority of the figure is bathed in an Atomic blue color and it looks really cool. This very much looks like a Godzilla that has been supercharged or "juiced!"

Probably the best part about this figure is that you don't have to worry about the eyes being bad because they are a solid color with some blue shading around them.
The lines on the hips are a bit of an odd touch in my opinion.
There's also some blue shading towards the front of the figure as well as inside the mouth to simulate the light coming from his Atomic Breath


Speaking of which, this figure comes with an Atomic Breath piece...and it looks like a big blue Q-tip.
There's actually a hole at the tip to insert Godzilla's tongue into and it holds on decently.
I feel like the white ends don't fit the piece that well. For the part that goes in Godzilla's mouth, it would look better if only the part that fits inside the mouth was white. And as for the other end, why couldn't it just be all blue? But to be fair, I kinda understand why NECA did it this way. It does blend in with the blast effect part.


 Unfortunately the breath cannot be held into the blast without being pressed against anything. On the other hand, it does allow for some great possibilities.

But I have to ask, was there really no way NECA could have included an alternate head piece so we could have Godzilla looking up to the sky while he fires the atomic breath?


For those that might have been unsatisfied with the first 2019 figure, this might be a good alternative to pick up. Just from taking it out of the box, I immediately loved it more than the last one. Even if that isn't your mindset, this is still a fantastic figure to pick up for your collection nonetheless.

Now that being said, I'd love to see what an SH Monster Arts version would look like.
...
Wait, WHAT?!?!!


Till next time, I have been your host Gryphon
and thank you for joining me here in my lair.
So long...


I hope you have enjoyed reading this and if you would like to see more from The Gryphon's Lair, be sure to give my Facebook page a 'LIKE' to see updates and other related stuff. 
Thanks for reading!

https://www.facebook.com/TheGryphonsLair/

No comments:

Post a Comment

SH MONSTERARTS RED-EYES BLACK DRAGON | Figure Review

On June 15, 2023, Tamashii Nations announced a new series would be added to the SHMA line, with a teaser image showing a very distinct backg...