Thursday, September 15, 2016

Musings from the Lair - #1 (09/15/2016)

There have been quite a few SH MonsterArts related news released as of late. Not only are we getting a re-release of Destoroyah with a darker color scheme, but a re-release of Mechagodzilla 2 with the Garuda included allowing you to create Super Mechagodzilla!

This a big deal for those who may have missed out on these figures when they first came out and for Tamashii Nations themselves.
Thing is, the Garuda was originally a separate release as well as a Web Exclusive, and Tamashii never re-releases their Web Exclusive figures. But from what I've read, Web Exclusives can be re-released as long as they are not just the same figure being released. So including it Mechagodzilla 2 makes it possible.
And that got me thinking, that opens the door to other re-release options. Particularly: 


Biollante, being one of the most popular and sought after figures in the SH MonsterArts line has seen major price hikes in recent months, much to the dismay of collectors. 
But I think with a few changes to the original, it can be put back on the market for a fair price. Maybe take out the light-up feature, give her a bolder paint job and include an effect piece that resembles her radioactive sap spray.
I bet that'd make Kaiju Kidd happy!
(Speaking of which, if there are any fans of Super Sentai and Kamen Rider reading this, go check Kaiju Kidd's blog right here: Team Kaiju's Toku Review)

With all the SH MonsterArts goodness coming out does that mean I'll be reviewing them? Well...



I love me some SH MonsterArts, maybe a little too much. As you can see from the pic above, my space for them is already pretty full and it'd be kinda hard to fit a Destoroyah in there. King Ghidorah is already pushing it a little.
And there's the issue of actually purchasing them. I'm not some big reviewer who gets these figures sent to me by companies for the sake of reviewing them, I buy all of them myself.
I would love to do reviews for all the SHMA figures coming out and I have a pretty fair paying job, but it's still a big chunk out of my bank account. While trying to figure out what to do about this, I think I've come up with a solution: I may end up selling the figures I buy after I review them and the money I get from selling them would either go towards the next SHMA figure or any personal need that my come up in the future, that way I can attempt to keep my finances stable and keep giving The Gryphon's Lair content.
And when I do put a figure up for sale, I'll be sure to advertise it on my Facebook page HERE in case you may want to get your hands on it, so be alert!

And speaking of reviews, the next one I got planned is the SH Monster Arts 1954 Godzilla, since I didn't get it early like some people did because I happen to know the meaning of patience. So expect that...soon.



Till next time, I have been your host Gryphon
and I hope you've enjoyed your time here in my lair.
So long...


If you would like to see more from The Gryphon's Lair, Be sure to give my FB page a 'LIKE' to see updates and other related stuff. Thanks for reading!
https://www.facebook.com/TheGryphonsLair/

No comments:

Post a Comment

HIYA TOYS MUTO (Female) | Figure Review

When I collect Godzilla figures, I like to have complete sets of characters from the movies I love the most. Back when the 2014 Godzilla fil...